January 29, 2017

Life update

I haven’t updated my own blog for months. I started this blog a few months after I entered uni and I have finally graduated from uni yayyyyyy.
I fully completed my thesis in October thanks to that fking selfish Pokemon player and had my graduation ceremony at the end of November.
I was job searching for months and had several interviews. I met this fashion stylist from mnc during an interview and I learned a lot from him. I asked how to be a fashion stylist and he told me that I should just send my cv to companies even when they have no job openings, so I did.
I travelled around Jakarta using gojek and uber to drop my cv to magazines and tv channels. I was called to one company at the end of that day to have an interview on the day after. I’m glad because after panas2an dibawah teriknya matahari bersama beberapa abang gojek seengganya ada yg manggil interview.
It’s for a company that publishes a lot of successful and popular magazine in Indonesia so I was really excited. There were 2 other girls that were interviewed for the same position. I was also asked to send the hr woman several writing samples. I actually applied to be a fashion stylist but they invited me for a fashion and beauty reporter and I didn’t know for which magazine. I didn’t mind because the job description they told me that I’d also have to assist photo shoots. The other 2 already had some experience while I was still a fresh grad so I was pasrah aja.
Unfortunately I didn’t feel very well which I think it’s because I was too exhausted from traveling around Jakarta to drop cvs. I wanted to write the samples asap but I was too dizzy to do anything so I decided to sleep for a few hours. I woke up during midnight to throw up and I went back to sleep. I woke up at 10am and felt better so I started writing those articles as fast and as good as I can with my condition. Luckily I managed to finish it before the deadline which was on 3 pm.
Then I had another interview for another magazine a week after that interview. I totally forgot that I applied to this interview because they post the job on jobsdb. The office was really really small and they used english for their magz. However it’s more like a food and travel magazine so the only thing that’s okay for me was the pay. They had fashion column on their magz too tho.
Two weeks have passed after each interview and I followed them up by email. I was called to the second interview by both of them.
I was interviewed by the deputy editor in chief and had to write 2 other articles on site. I was very nervous and there’s other also other candidate doing the same thing so I was pasrah aja lagi.
Then I was interviewed by the owner of the food and travel magz. She made me wait for hours in their office because she had other meetings. I was very uncomfortable because one of their employee suddenly asked me about my religion. I was like wtf bro does it matter -_- but I had to keep playing nice. I finally met the owner at 6pm and meh, more reason to not like this company. I was already disappointed that I have to wait for hours.
Luckily I was called again by the big company and they offered me the job! I was very happy because I was gonna be working as a fashion and beauty reporter. I signed the contract and they told me that my first day will be in January 3rd.
I came to the office in January 3rd and they told me that they changed my position to be a digital reporter. I was honestly disappointed because I really want to write for their magazine and be involved in photo shoots and stuff. But at least I get to write about various topics and attend various kind of events. I still get to attend some fashion shows and I still get to write for the magazine, but for the event section -_-
I hope I’ll get to write for their fashion and beauty pages in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment