January 19, 2016

Ueno Zoo

I should have written this post since 2 weeks ago, but there are so many pics and it’s hard to choose lol! Anyway, I went to Ueno Zoo on January 5th. I love zoos! My main reason was to see the polar bear. I also want to practice my dslr skill so I guess the zoo would be a great place to take some pics.
I wanted to go there early but I think I slept in or something lol. I arrived there at around 11:30am. The first animal I saw was giant pandas! Luckily it’s not my first time to see them so I didn’t spend too much time adoring them there lol.
image
Then I saw birds, tigers, and I don’t remember what else were around there. There were gorillas as well but I didn’t see it because I’ve seen them in Ragunan and there were lots of them. Then I finally saw the polar bear!
image
I think there were supposed to be 2 of them, but only one was shown. I kinda felt sorry for the bear because he’s definitely the main attraction of the zoo and there were lots of people there, and he had to chase the food that was thrown by the zookeeper here and there so that all the visitors could see the bear :( I hope it’s happy though just like the animals in madagascar movies.
image
There were these monkeys as well. I don’t remember the exact name but I think they’re not always there. They were totally playful with each other and some are just staring at the visitor and some are busy looking for fleas(?) on the other monkey lol. I literally saw the infant pushed another one and they started chasing each other lol.
image
However, my fav is definitely the horse! I think her name is Erika and we’re both 21yo!!! She was alone there and no visitors were looking at her because they’re too fascinated with the sheep nearby. I immediately started talking to her and I didn’t even realize it lol so I felt funny when I realized I was talking to her. She was so cuteeeee and looked lonely and I could totally relate to her because I went to the zoo by myself. Perhaps that’s why I could feel like there’s something between us lol. If I could adopt her, I’d already adopt her by now. I wish she’s happy and strong and healthy so I can visit her again sometime in the future!
image
The sheep that stole the visitors attention instead of the cute horse :(
image
There were penguins as well! I don’t remember if I’d ever seen penguins before. They were surely cute though not as cute as the horse lol.
image
The zoo got quite bad comments on tripadvisor and I could see why. The cage for the zebra was under maintenance or something so they put it along with the goats wtf??? and the giraffes were also in enclosed spaces wtfffff I’d never seen giraffes which definitely have huge body were put in such small places!!!!
It’s the oldest zoo in Japan and I really hope they can get better maintenance and everything for the sake of the animals. It’s just really sad to see some of the animals :(
The zoo was divided to east area and west area. I thought I wouldn’t spend so much time there since it’s a lot smaller than Ragunan Zoo (I spent 4 hours there). Apparently I spent more than 4 hours only in east area. Luckily I got to see all of the animals in west area just in time before the zoo closed because it’s smaller than the east area. 
Then I just spent some time in Ueno to see some shops. I bought instax film at yodobashi camera. Apparently it’s slightly more expensive than bic camera :( Then I kinda spend 1000 yen at ufo catcher -_- I shouldn’t have played anything because I didn’t get anything in the end -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment