March 9, 2015

Kashiwazaki Sena Cosplay (making of)

I was pretty busy for two weeks because I was preparing for my 1st cosplay ever! So I wanted to be Enoshima Junko from Dangan Ronpa, but I couldn’t find the wig on time because I wanted to use my own hair initially however it’s not long enough. So I decided to be Kashiwazaki Sena from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. 
I was never into cosplay until 2 weeks ago. I wanted to do some cosplay with my own hair before I dye my hair brown some time this year.


image

I bought the shoes in Pasar Baru and the cardigan in Cotton On. I was really happy because the cardigan was discounted for more than 70%. It was supposed to be around IDR300k and I was kinda unwilling to spend that much. But when I went to the cashier, the cashier said there’s some press point or something discount and I only needed to pay IDR50k! I was sooooo happy because it’s a total steal! 


image

The color of the shoes was too light so I painted it with acrylic paint that I’ve had since high school.
I made the skirt, butterfly and tie on my own. I sewed the tie while I was waiting for a class in campus. I didn’t care those who stared at me because I was sewing in front of the classroom, on the floor, where a lot of people going here and there lol. I wouldn’t have time to make it else I did it there.
I failed at making the skirt, so I had to buy the fabric again. I bought the first one in Pasar Baru, but it’s kinda expensive there so I went to Tanah Abang for the second one. I actually almost failed again but luckily I didn’t.  I finished the skirt just one day before the day I cosplayed because I was busy with another things as well. And the first lace I bought was too short so I had to buy another one. I went to ITC Roxy Mas but I couldn’t find any parking slot so I went to Senayan City. Since I don’t have a sewing machine, so I had to sew all of them by hand. 
Then I modified the socks. I bought the black socks, but there’s no yellow line on it. So I added it using a yellow ribbon.
The last thing I made was the butterfly. I just sketched roughly on the paper and cut it and drew the pattern on it. Glad that it didn’t turn out awful lol! Then I sticked it with doubled sided tape to a hair clip.


image

I wasn’t too happy with the result at first, but I grew into liking it eventually. I actually really like the hair clip since it’s so pretty and makes my self pretty hehe~

No comments:

Post a Comment